Why buy sports interruption insurance coverage?
For an individual athlete or a team, league, or association, Sports Refund makes sense.
Some of the benefits of Individual Coverage
- Refunds 100% of registration fees lost due to injury or illness.
- Likely reduces the underreporting of ‘hidden’ injuries (such as concussions).
- Unlike other insurance plans, Sports Refund isn’t “all or nothing.” Even if an athlete only plays a small portion of a season, Sports Refund will cover the lost playing time.
- If your child plays multiple sports, Sports Refund insurance can likely be purchased to cover those sports that your child plays during other times of the year.
- Rates are lower than our competitors, offering low-cost peace of mind.
Some of the benefits of Group Coverage
- Allows the organization to offer a turn-key refund program – AT ABSOLUTELY NO COST.
- Improves the goodwill and loyalty between the organization and the athletes’ families.
- Transfers the responsibility for all questions, issues, and administrative tasks related to injury/illness refunds to someone else.
- Eliminates receivable – or even collection – issues for any athlete that is unable to compete.
More than one in 10 children are injured playing sports every year.
— Stanford Children's Health
Sport specialization leads to a greater chance of injury.
— Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine